Wednesday 24 June 2015

First blog task!

1.Why did you choose GCSE Media Studies?
 I chose GCSE Media because it seemed interesting to create a music video or a film poster. Also, my brother and sister have done Media too and both of them enjoyed it as well. I wanted to do photography in year 11 so I thought that Media could help me with it.

2.Which part of the course are you looking forward to most?
I am looking forward to create a music video, the aspect that interest me most is the directing and the choreography of the video and learning how to edit my work by using Photoshop.    
                 
3.What knowledge and skills do you hope to learn in Media?
 I hope to learn how to use the Photoshop software which will come in handy when doing photography in year 11.

4.What grade are you realistically hoping to achieve in Media?
 My target is to get an A* but I would be hoping to achieve an A.

5.What was the last TV programme or film you watched?
The last TV show I watched was Pretty Little liars.

6.Why do you think that TV programme or film appealed to an audience?
Pretty Little Liars is a teen-mystery thriller and appeals to teens and young adults. The show has an interesting plot to it and there's always a mystery in every episode that creates tension and leaves the audience wanting to know more.

7.What technology have you used to access the media in the last 24 hours? (Radio, TV, phone etc.)
I have used my laptop, phone and TV to access the media.

8.What device do you use most to access the media?
I use my laptop the most to access the media.

9.Find the trailer for Jurassic World on YouTube and embed it in your blog. What film genres would Jurassic World fit into?

Jurassic World trailer



I would say Jurassic World fits into the genres of action, adventure, thriller and sci-fi.

10.Why does Jurassic World appeal to a family audience?
Jurassic World is shown as a theme park and theme parks are aimed at children and families. Therefore it appeals to a family audience. Some of the main characters are children which shows it would appeal to families. The movie revolves around dinosaurs which appeal to children and this shows why there would be a family audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment